RSS

Turn that frown...

So I am in a piss poor mood...and the worst of it is I am totally to blame...which makes me in an even worse mood! I feel kind of ridiculous complaining and I completely realize that in the scheme of the world my problems are not much BUT seriously....

I might of stopped cleaning my house a couple of months ago...I mean I would pick up stuff and shove things places and what not but actually cleaning just went out the door and now as I feel this "must clean" energy pushing through me I am not only overwhelmed but wanting to just take a match and burn the whole place as that would be easier then actually getting all the scum off the ridiculously small subway tile ish walk in shower we have....SERIOUSLY.  As I was scrubbing each little square one by one until my arms ached I kept trying to change the old mind frame, here is some thoughts:

--Look at me working out and cleaning at the same time....isn't that great!! (note: the only thing I hate more then cleaning is working out so this was not effective)...

--Isn't it nice to do something where I can actually see my progress for once! (note: as I looked over and saw 40000000 more tiles to scrub individually this mantra was replaced by a four letter word that rhymes with duck..)

--Aren't I lucky to even have a shower?? (as I contemplated how horrible just having a hose outside would actually be...I mean honestly that might be refreshing..right??)

As I slowly but surely cleaned my 5 x 5 bathroom for over an hour and started to see the light at the end of the tunnel I had to leave to get the mop....this is when I realized that I had another 1200 square feet (thank god it isn't 2000 sq.) (<---oh look at that positive reframe! sweet jesus slowly but surely.) I just about had a freaking melt down.

The worst is that I have no one else to point the finger, to yell at, etc...except myself.  SOOOO in all things learning and not giving up I have now vowed to spend 15 minutes a day cleaning, not picking stuff up, not shoving things in closets and closing the door quickly, etc...but actual mop/vinegar/sponge/dusting floor boards cleaning.

I shall report back if this makes things easier or more manageable.

 Anyone have cleaning tips? Or how to keep a house clean?

Wish me luck.

Lacy

3 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Blah. Don't look at me. I've been ignoring the creeping yuck in my shower, too. My half-assed cleaning methods have gotten me by so far, but after living here 3 years, it's starting to show around the edges where it accumulates. *sigh* Time for some deep cleaning here, too.

Lacy said...

glad I am not the only one!

Tony Thayer said...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It works on everything and makes quick work of soap scum and stains and just about anything else. It will definitely abrade the crap out of your skin if you keep at it for too long, though.

Post a Comment