RSS

Validation.

I have been dealing with a lot of validation issues recently....It seems that in most areas of my life I am looking to be validated in different ways...with different measurements.  And while the past few weeks has lead me to lamenting that I am not special/worthy/talented/appreciated because these measurements have not been promising, have not been to my standard.

The problem with this path is that you start to compare yourself to others, your life, your outcomes, your relationships, your future....and guess what?

It never measures up.

Because the people you are comparing yourself to are an image/a smoke screen: sometimes created on purpose and sometimes the image is fractured by ourselves to fit our needs.  There is no happy ending for this path, it is full of bumps and a downhill slope.  Yup life ain't fair and some people honestly do have parts of their life that is probably better then your own.

But then today.

today.

someone shook me up.

they reminded me that I am in charge.

I am the one creating the measurements.

The one in charge of the comparisons.

All I have to do change what I am comparing myself to.

How I measure being validated.

Money, Success, Fancy things are easy.

Happiness, Fulfillment, Joy, Love, Respect are the real measurements of a life.

shit breaks. shit gets old.

self-respect, self-pride can't be bought.

I am going to try to hold onto this lesson.

1 comments:

LeLo said...

I've come to realize we are so much harder on ourselves than we need or should be. When we discover self kindness, self care, self respect, comparison to anyone elses life doesn't mean shit. What a huge lesson to learn and live. xxoo

Post a Comment