RSS

The crap.

The holidays are coming (as well as my birthday) and of course that makes me think about gift giving and gift getting.  In past years I have attempted to always plan ahead, make extreme crafting plans to hand-make everything..just for it to be about Dec. 20th me acting like a total bitch and like 2 crafts done.....this year I want to give myself a break and follow these rules:

1. When gift giving you only buy mass produced items when specifically requested.

2. If rule #1 doesn't apply then the next item must be hand-made or made by a local company.

3.  Each gift must have the focus on the person and NOT the price.

I don't know about you all but seriously I am soooo sick of having crap. or even 2, 3, 6 of the same items.  Why the holidays turned into a time to go into debt I don't know.  Instead of being caught up in the real meaning of the holidays, which is being with loved ones, sharing memories and laughter!

Let's just see how this goes.......................

I have also emailed my family a "wish list" with stuff following the same rules...you should of heard my explanation to my mother about why I would want a "used tea kettle from this etsy web site?"....ha.

PS does anyone else kinda want to throw everything they have all away (or recycle it) and start again????

Lacy    

0 comments:

Post a Comment