RSS

ice ice baby.

So its been pretty cold here....Like I kinda want to die inside cold....like it hurts my back to walk outside, put at least 2 layers of socks on cold....I will have you know that I am a big wuss to these sorts of things...I am a big believer that if it is below 72 then a sweatshirt is mandated...I would never survive in any sort of real cold weather.  I have come to accept this and move on though my family in Idaho tease me endlessly.

Cold weather also brings along my biggest fear (besides random eyeballs popping out...seriously) driving in ice or cold!! I literally have panic attacks at the thought of it....not so much my lack of skills but every other idiot  out there scares the shit out of me!  Thankfully the roads have been fine and hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same.

So I recently discovered hulu plus.....

And have proceeded to not accomplish anything (besides significantly reducing my queue).....

BUT

I did complete my first batch of Kombucha!!  I bought a scoby on etsy and the lovely seller included amazing instructions.  It was a bit touch and go for awhile....I thought there was mold in it but it turned out it was just the baby forming!  I tried some last night and am really impressed with the taste...though I will be using less sugar next time....I am also excited to NOT spend 5 bucks a bottle anymore!  (which I only allowed myself one a week).  I left it all plain but am thinking of adding ginger next time...any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Currently the Kombucha is in a dark place for the next couple of days to create carbonation.  Seriously this is another project that I thank baby jesus for Google!  I seriously don't know how people survived in the past....oy.

I need to get my butt in gear and get ready for thanksgiving.  Thankfully my family does it potluck style so I only have to come with one dish!

Hello Candied Yams!!

 Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday :)
 Lacy

0 comments:

Post a Comment