RSS

Halloween

Last night we gave over 11 pounds of candy out.  It made me proud of our hot minute of community within Nopo.  99% of the kids were dressed up, extremely polite and really cute!  Learned a Martha tip as well...I used Yankee Candles (small jar kind) in our jack-o-lanterns and had many parents (as well as kids) comment on how good our Porch smelled.  Noted and Noted for next year.

On another note I am already sick of this weather....Like wanting to bash head into wall sick of it...I am ashamed to admit this...I am a native and shouldn't feel this way until at least February. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long winter.  Also the chickens have almost stopped laying, which while frustrating we did get an egg almost as big as my palm! Crazy....

I have also felt the need to make some baked goods and another necessity is roaring his big fat head...the need to work off those baked goods.....I was starting to become addicted to running though the thought of running in the rain doesn't make me want to lace up to tennies so we are going to start looking around for alternatives to help not only keep those baked goods off my hips and also help me survive this winter weather.

 Last tip of the night YOU MUST try roasted brussel sprouts...why did my mom boil them??!!?  A new favorite!

Lacy

0 comments:

Post a Comment