RSS

Cheap Meat.

So this might be the lamest post I have ever done...BUT I thought if there was anyone out there who was also broke & slightly empty freezer from the holidays I would pass this along.


IF you got a sunday Oregonian (or the free insert they litter our porch with) there is a $10.00 off $50 spent.  If you have neither RUN to get one right now, tonight (they stop selling the sunday paper on Wednesday).

Use this coupon to buy some of their buy one get one free (Bogo) meat specials until next tuesday.  Mostly roasts but also some bagged chicken breasts.  It is their Rancher's preserve and the special (without the 10 dollars off) makes it under $2.30 a pound!  I love roasts because you can crock-pot them....I love using pork roasts for pulled pork..not only can you make them in the slow cooker BUT it also freezes perfectly.  I usually make two roasts at once and then freeze whatever we don't eat after two dinners...I have even been known to staple the buns to the meat.  Dinner, done.

I know I sound like a hundred year old BUT as someone who doesn't get home until 7pm every night and refuses to eat after 8pm the only thing that keeps us from eating out every night is pre-planning.  I also have this weird psychological thing that I only feel good when my freezer is full...gotta be prepared for zombies!!

Last tip I have is friday ONLY Safeway will have pork tenderloins and Huge Shrimp both for $5.00 a pound.

Ok so I am going to pick up some more $10 off coupons and stock up.

Lacy

0 comments:

Post a Comment