RSS

fleeting moments.

I really don't want to be gushy but I am in one of those moments where I am so goddamn thankful.  It seems I have these small bursts of insight where I realize that all the petty garbage that I usually bitch about means NOTHING. 

I have breath, I have love & I have direction. 

I try to hold on to this insight but usually a dog destroying something or me bitching to the Mister that computer games cannot replace human interaction breaks the spell like trance I have and sadly the insight feels less like reality than all the static white noise of my day to day life.  

It is so easy to focus on what we don't have than to actually be thankful for what we have...to focus on the areas that are less than perfect than rewarding ourself for the areas we have grown in & for us to own the moment we are in.

It is so easy to look at those around us and think "they have it sooo much better because X, Y, Z" and yet so many times I am reminded that pretenses can be so deceiving.  I don't know why I have to relearn this lesson day after day after day...

So until I lose this moment I am going to savor it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment