RSS

Garden and Yard as of today.

So mostly pictures but this is the first year where I just started shoving stuff in places...in past years I made sure everything had a "area" and it was all organized and such..this year (mostly because of my addiction to buying plants) I am shoving stuff anywhere it will fit.  So here it is right now:


When we moved here 3 years ago there was really nothing but dead grass and the arborvitae, it is a slow process but getting there.    

I love doing laundry surrounded by roses...better than being inside! 

Corn....I have never grown it but we shall see how it does.  Sadly don't think it will be knee high by July..

Boscoe checking out the rhubarb and some flowers. 


The tiffany blue inspired Apiary, the bees are SUPER busy right now but moving fast I can't really capture them...we really enjoy having them around and that third box on top means there will be honey...just don't know how much yet.

One of the three raised beds we have...this one is partial shade so lettuce (and mustard greens as you can see) live here...
Please let it be noted I have re-planted the lettuce 3 times because of some very adventurous chickens...who might be soup soon....

Middle bed is full of tomatoes, some beets and half dead basil...I just can't get that stuff to grow...any tips?  Also would love if they made wall of waters that fit around the larger cages..my solution was to just wrap plastic wrap around them...seems to have worked.  


Just got this whiskey barrel and am going to attempt to grow cucumbers up the metal fencing in the back...anyone done this before?  Do I tie it to it or just slowly train it to go up??


The last bed is full of peas, some bush beans, more cucumbers, some eggplant and ......

Bell Peppers!!! This one plant has four on already! None of my other plants have much of anything...soo excited.  They eventually (fingers crossed) will turn purple...


 The chicken coop under some shade...sadly no chickens would pose as they used this opportunity to escape and are now meandering around the yard evading capture...oy.  Thankfully I know they can be lured by avocado leftovers....eventually this will be painted to match the apiary...was a great find off of craigslist.
Next to the chicken coop we have potatoes planted...I am experimenting with cages I made of stuff laying around the house (left over chicken wire and the weed blocker that never worked for us).  I also have some buried in the ground so we shall see which is more efficient.  


Between the rows I planted onions.....not a smart choice...between me stepping on them, the dogs and chickens they aren't doing so good....prob won't do that again next year.  Hopefully some turn it around.

 Won't win any awards for beauty but gonna use what you have laying around...

Still my favorite place in the garden...it is where I go to "supervise".....

Now gonna go hit the streets and ride the ol' bike around!  We are lucky enough to have the  Portland Parkways this sunday! Great weather to go out and see all the neighbors! Next week I will show some pictures of our newest "garden" space & the front yard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment