RSS

Thankful Thursdays

So as it is friday morning and I am running (well make that slowly walking..still sore from an epic adventure earlier this week) out the door here is what I am thankful for this week:

1. To Be Alive! Seriously. Breath is pretty awesome.

2. That I have started to find some awesome woman in my life that get what it is to be strong and passionate yet not bitchy and/or catty.  They inspire me and I am learning so much.  Really loving this aspect of my life right now and feel privileged and lucky to know them all.

3. To see the change in our yard year after year.  So before B. Jones dropped a chunk of change on the house I pretty much moved every six months or so for the previous 3 years prior.  I have always loved gardening and yard work but was never able to see what my lavender plant would look like 3 years later...or the thrill of bulbs coming up that I had placed the previous year.  When I look at our yard I see teamwork, hard work, sweat, some tears, and laughter.  I can't wait to see where it goes in the future.

4.  A work out partner!  A friend recently moved close by and because of it I now have an accountability partner at the gym.  I am NOT a morning person but knowing someone else is gonna be there makes me get out of bed and get my sweat on.  I have seen a HUGE change in my mood since doing this every morning which I bet everyone else is also thankful for ;)

5. The local Paper (the Oregonian) has a series where they are interviewing old married couples about their lives and unlike the rest of the paper it leaves me with a smile and my faith returned in the world.

6. My ipod...especially Pandora on it.  I kind of fell out of love with Pandora but recently paid for the yearly subscription (read: no commercials) and now am in love with it.  Do a new channel with the artist: Adele, perfect!

7. Coffee out of a mug, not a travel cup! I realized that I didn't just love the caffeine but the whole ritual that requires me to stop and sit down for a second.  Like my own little break to take a breath.

8. Groupon/LivingSocial/Google Deals/Etc.  Seriously have scored a ton of good deals recently and when you would rather spend your money on plants (seriously I might have a problem...) this is a great thing!  I also love waking up and seeing what their deal of the day is...

9. Not Cheap Candles.  For years I thought there was no difference between a dollar tree candle and a quality one and have recently realized there is a HUGE dif.  While I might have less candles in my house I love the ones I now have and they smell great!

10. Outdoor Clothes Dryer. Do it. Sniff Clothes. Enough said.

Here's to a great weekend ya'll!  Photos of our garden/yard are upcoming..want to get the "baby" stage to compare to the "harvest" one...

Lacy

0 comments:

Post a Comment