RSS

Mood and Stuff..


So as I become older and wiser (peanut gallery can shut it...) I am becoming more and more aware of how connected my mood is to outside forces.  About a year ago I made the connection of food and my mood and while this is an ongoing experiment I realized that without TONS of protein in the morning I tend to be a complete unbalanced bitch and will seek out total garbage (re: starbucks) to put into my body for the rest of the day.

Some of these discoveries though I tend to ignore (re: huge wine allergy tends to be "forgotten" about frequently) and some I know I have yet to uncover.  Though recently I have started to work out everyday and have realized just how important this is to my mental health.  In the past I have typically done some exercise (re: dog walking...with pug....so more like walk a bit then stop to sniff...then walk a bit more...repeat for about 30 minutes) and thrown in 2-3 times a week a kick your ass workout class but when you do something pretty intense (re: sweat actually forming in awkward crevices) 5 days a week you quickly realize that your body does enjoy being pushed and at least for me that hour a day to just test myself feels pretty awesome.

Am I a marathon runner? Hells to the No.  But it is pretty rewarding to see in just two weeks my speed improving, and instead of gasping for air and counting down until I can stop I am actually pushing myself to see how far I can go at the end.

I have always been an athlete (re: my father believed if you weren't doing a sport you were doing drugs so from ages 5-16ish was in various sports year around) but just now linking together how centering, how relaxing, and how empowering working out can be.

Isn't growth? Age? Wisdom? Pretty awesome?

I am also lucky enough to have a gym that is part video store so once I am done sweating I can grab a movie to chill-ax to....how cool is that?  Only in Pdx....

So my advice?  Type in: Destiny's Child on Pandora and start moving!

1 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I love it. You crack me up and you are plenty wise, woman! :D

Post a Comment