RSS

Book Club?

I am all about community.  I love it.  I even love riding the bus, well except when teenage twerps are on there being super annoying.....where else can you have a conversation with a relative stranger without any danger of being creepy?  And if the person turns out to be odd than you are only 3-7 stops away from saying "see yah" and adding the whole experience to "what makes life interesting" folder within your head.

The hard part of community is actually creating it, allowing space for it to develop...once you are past k-12 age range it can be pretty dang tough to find like minded individuals to converse with........


Soooooooooooo When I saw this call for a book club right up my alley I was super stoked. I just got an email saying we need roughly 4 more people to start it and so I thought I would pass the info along.  If it isn't a good fit for you, maybe someone you know?

I have no dea when/where/etc/etc just that I really want it happen and I can't wait to belong to a little group of awesomeness.  Hope to see you there~

Lacy

Howdy, All,

I'm a hungry mind seeking other rabid readers! I'm looking for a small group of female foodies who are as crazy about food books (memoir, essay, cookbooks) and experiencing the bounty of PDX's many fine farmers' markets, restaurants, and cafes as am I to forge a book circle.

This group will meet once a month to discuss a mutually chosen food-themed book accompanied by an outing (per the above) so that we might sate our book and foodie hunger!

Here's a brief list of the types I've enjoyed in past (and that might appeal to you?) But the real fun will be in discovering what each member brings to the table!

  • American Wasteland: How America Throws Away Nearly Half of Its Food (and What We Can Do About It)
  • Spoon Fed: How Eight Cooks Saved my Life
  • Au Revoir to All That: Food, Wine, and the End of France
  • Blood, Bones, & Butter
  • Food Lover's Guide to Portland
  • The Language of Baklava
  • 97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families
  • Life, Death & Bialys
I'll hope to hear from you!

Bon Ap,
Sadie (books_a_go_go@yahoo.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment