RSS

Finding my "voice"...

I read so many amazing blogs..usually by woman who inspire me to be stronger, cooler, more self-reliant.  They write these witty things and take these amazing photos and I soooo want to be them.  If that is woman #1 who is an amazingly creative canner/preserver who's jams & jellies make me want to buy 50 pounds of X, Y, Z fruit...or woman #2 who is saving the world or even woman #3 who has 3.96 kids and yet still has time to be fashionable and funny.  As I look at my past posts (few as they are) I realize instead of being "me" I am trying to be either 1,2, or even 3 (minus the 3.96 kids + 2 snorty dogs).

BLAH TO THAT.  

Who I am: 

-I am a great reproducer.....wait...that didn't come out right...Not like biologically...oy. (knock on wood) BUT I can follow a recipe like no ones business, or recreate a craft with no problem...hell I even find putting together Ikea furniture easy.  

What I am not: Creative.  

Seriously folks....

Nothing about creating makes me happy...it makes me frustrated and focused on gifts I just ain't got.  So instead I love following what someone else has already invented (some of this might also come from me being lazy) and putting my own spin on it. 

-Currently I am not a mother or a teen....or even a early 20 something....I am between the "wise" stage and the "know it all" stage....I call it the have "tons of fun/yet still have tons of responsibilities/make shit up along the way" stage.  I am not at a place where I can comfortably give advice yet am at a place where I can receive it.

This whole middle stage leads me to also feel very pulled in many directions....My family is hinting at babies, my bank account is hinting at fleeing to Canada to avoid Student Loans, and the world is saying to rise the corporate ladder...so on any given day I am contemplating doing one or all three of those things....

You should see my Amazon Suggestions......

Seriously...Hot mess.

So yup I am going to stop worrying about being judged.  Stop succumbing to pressures I made up and just be myself.  Whatever the hell that means.

Lacy 

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I love this post. Sometimes the hardest thing is being grateful for and working with who we actually are, and giving up on an unrealistic idea of who we think we should be.

Lacy said...

Thanks Jacquelyn! Once I put it out to the world it was sooo much easier. It was awesome meeting you the other day!

Post a Comment